Welcome to AGS!
AGS Mission Statement
AGS is committed to providing high-quality training in a safe, positive and nurturing environment. Our mission is to provide a structured program where students will gain the mental, emotional and physical discipline necessary for competitive gymnastics. Students will learn lifelong skills such as responsibility, self-discipline, teamwork, goal setting and perseverance which will serve them a lifetime.
Some tips to keep in mind while helping your athlete succeed in this sport:
- Respect the fact that all children learn at different rates of time.
- Allow your athlete to enjoy the positive and the negative of “her sport.” Reward the effort – not the numbers. Encourage your athlete to keep problem solving, this will help her learn.
- Failure is part of the overall learning process. There is no magic or incidental learning in competitive sports.
- Remind yourself as a parent that complex motor skills take time to learn. Many learning trials have to occur in order to develop muscle memory, excellent bio-mechanical techniques, and focused safety habits.
- Allow and respect the teachers, to let them decide, the level that your child trains and/or competes.
- Attendance, warm-up and training are extremely important. Gymnastics is a repetitive sport, practice makes perfect!
- No cell phones out on the floor at any time. Permission needs to be asked from coaches to record anything out on the floor.
“Remember that all learning is trial and error based – Negative experiences do not inhibit – but rather contribute to the learning process.” – V. Lombardi
“Wake up every day knowing that today is a new day and only you can determine the outcome of that day. So dream big and accept the challenge and never look back.” – Alicia Sacramone
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shots and missed. I’ve failed over and over again in my life and that is why l succeed.”
– Michael Jordan
By appointment only. Please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Website Contact Form Submission’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]