Welcome to AGS!
AGS is family owned and has been in operation since 1974. Our school has dedicated more than 45 years to the sport of gymnastics and have fostered a business that puts the children first.
AGS Mission Statement
AGS is committed to providing high-quality training in a safe, positive and nurturing environment. Our mission is to provide a structured program where students will gain the mental, emotional and physical discipline necessary for competitive gymnastics. Students will learn lifelong skills such as responsibility, self-discipline, teamwork, goal setting and perseverance which will serve them a lifetime.
Some tips to keep in mind while helping your athlete succeed in this sport:
- Respect the fact that all children learn at different rates of time.
- Allow your athlete to enjoy the positive and the negative of “her sport.” Reward the effort – not the numbers. Encourage your athlete to keep problem solving, this will help her learn.
- Failure is part of the overall learning process. There is no magic or incidental learning in competitive sports.
- Remind yourself as a parent that complex motor skills take time to learn. Many learning trials have to occur in order to develop muscle memory, excellent bio-mechanical techniques, and focused safety habits.
- Allow and respect the teachers, to let them decide, the level that your child trains and/or competes.
- Attendance, warm-up and training are extremely important. Gymnastics is a repetitive sport, practice makes perfect!
- No cell phones out on the floor at any time. Permission needs to be asked from coaches to record anything out on the floor.
“Remember that all learning is trial and error based – Negative experiences do not inhibit – but rather contribute to the learning process.” – V. Lombardi
“Wake up every day knowing that today is a new day and only you can determine the outcome of that day. So dream big and accept the challenge and never look back.” – Alicia Sacramone
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shots and missed. I’ve failed over and over again in my life and that is why l succeed.”
– Michael Jordan
By appointment only. Please send emails to email@example.com.
The following is the 2020 vacation schedule:
July 4th Independence Day Saturday
September 7th Labor Day Monday
Nov 25th– 28th Thanksgiving Break Wednesday- Saturday
Dec 21st– Jan 2nd Winter Break Monday- Saturday